Monday, January 28, 2008

Over there

Life is about the experiences you live, the lessons you learn and the people you meet. I have been fortunate to meet many great people throughout my life and they have helped shaped who I am today. My view of what makes a great person is not based on wealth, education, achievements or any other status quo. A person’s heart is what makes them great. Greatness lies in the heart.

Ever since I was a child, I have tried not to judge others around me. I view all people as equal. One of my favorite proverbs is the one about walking in another man’s shoes. Although there are different versions of the proverb out there, the basic lesson is that until you walk in someone else’s shoes, you don’t know where they have been. My quest is to try on other peoples shoes to see where they have been and what has shaped their lives.

I believe everyone on this earth is here for a reason. Everybody is somebody. We all have inspirational stories to tell and we all have something to contribute. For the better part of my life, I have been trying to figure why I am here.

I think my quest is tied directly to communication. I believe that my greatest assets is my genuine love and interest in people. In a world of miscommunication and mistrust, I think that the world needs more great communicators and I will see to it I do everything in my power to make the world a better place to live in, through communication.

1 comment:

Casey said...

you've turned into a bloggin powerhouse, my friend...