Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winter thoughts from New England




Every place has it's ups and downs, and Massachusetts is no different. MOst of the things people complain about up here are the same things people complain about everywhere: weather, jobs, driving, people, whatever. I try not to get too worked up about things I can't control, cause, as my man Captain Bob once told me: don't sweat the small things and they're all small things.

I've been blessed to have great influences in my life. From the time I was little, I knew how lucky I was to be alive and I have tried not to take anything for granted. With a new wave of change racing through America, and the tumultuous period we live in, I'm optimistic that the future is going to be bright. If there's two things I've learned over the years that ring through my head on a daily basis:
everybody has a story to tell and everybody wants to be somebody

Peace isn't cheap

Persevere
You have to stand up for what's right
even if it means taking up arms
sometimes there is need to fight
but only as a last resort

communication can prevent a war
it's tough when everybody wants to talk
but nobody wants to walk the walk

now is the time to listen
life isn't just a journey
it's a mission
we got two ears and only one mouth for a reason
time has come for a change of season

2 comments:

Casey said...

cool rhymes mark...good to see some action back here on LHL

markmcc said...

Thank you Senor Bean