Thursday, April 17, 2008

Life's granted


The older I get, the more I reflect and really appreciate the life I have. By no means would I say that my life has been perfect, if anything it's been anything but that. I've made more mistakes than the Three Stooges. I know history repeats itself and I try to learn from the past in order to enlighten the future.

The most precious things to me are love/friendship and time. Love lasts forever, but time is finite. We only have so much time on earth and I try to make the most of time, while I have it. It's a balance act because I love to smell the roses. I don't like to waste anything, especially time- although some would argue that point, it doesn't bother me.

I'm just a left-handed dreamer with aspirations of changing the world for the better. Even though I haven't the slightest clue how I'm going to do it. I just keep on keeping on- as the saying goes. I guess my quest for knowledge and love for people are what my drivers, etched into my subconscious.

“Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.” -Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

Casey said...

you smoking the funny stuff mr. philosopher? i would argue that time itself is actually infinite...we are finite...at any rate, you've got your priorities straight...carry on

markmcc said...

nope on the dope. i see your point, it's what most would argue, that time is infinite, but is it really? dig deep grasshopper.

Casey said...

i'm just thinking that time will still be here when we aern't...if time is strictly a human concept, which it would seem to be, then i suppose it's as finite as we are...but i've got a feeling time goes on whether we are here to measure it or not...that said, what the hell do i know...that's all the digging i'm doing tonight