Monday, January 28, 2008

Converge or diverge? That is the question.

A few years ago, I was doing some research on the internet about differences between lefties and right handed people. I didn't find anything great, but I did stumble on an article about convergence and divergence. The basic gist of was: right handed people have convergent minds, while left handed people have divergent minds.

Convergence= approach zero

Divergent = approach infinity

This was especially interesting to me, because in college, one of the toughest theories I encountered were the Taylor and Maclaurin series. The objective of Taylor and Maclaurin series is to prove whether the sum of the series, is divergent or convergent. These two guys had my mind smoking. I had no problem with finite series, but when it came to infinite series, I was baffled. After reading the article about convergent and divergent minds, it all made sense.


No comments: